On October 9, 2001, Hank’s attorney, filed a motion for forensic testing in order to obtain the following:
- Fingerprint comparison, tests of blood or other DNA material on both knives – purported murder weapons.
- DNA testing of a stain found on a dishtowel discovered in the plastic bag along with the knife.
- DNA testing of the rape kit.
- DNA testing of the fingernails clippings.
- Blood comparison with the other two victim’s blood and with the primary suspect Robert Donnell.
- DNA testing of hairs and blood found on a jacket lying next to Twila’s body.